The ISDA Executive Vehicle and Secure Transportation Surveys have indicated that, from year to year, the use of armored vehicles in the private sector ebbs and flows, but every year a substantial number of participants are using armored vehicles.
When comparing the use of armored vehicles from 2013 to 2017, the survey found that in 2013, 15.5% of survey respondents used armored vehicles. In 2015 the numbers took a substantial jump to 22.9%, and in 2017, when adding lead and follow vehicles, armored vehicles driven by the participants totaled 14.1%. The results supply an indication of the type of risk the vehicle moves through. The higher the level of armor, the higher the perceived threat. The survey indicated that 29.7% of the participants are driving Level B4 vehicles, which are commonly used in a low to a medium-risk situation. Level B5 vehicles are used by 27.5% of the participants, Level B6 28.6%, and the highest Level, B7, was used 14.3%. This is also an indication of the number of jobs that are available in the very high-risk areas.
The International Security Driver Association (ISDA)
ISDA serves the protective services community. The ISDA membership is open to all who have an interest in personal protection.
Whether you are exploring a career in executive protection, honing your expertise, or, you are an established security professional, ISDA is your essential resource for continuing education, benchmark research, and online learning programs, all designed to improve your skill set and advance your business.
ISDA membership enables you to:
- Access benchmark educational, networking, and marketing programs.
- Connect with your colleagues and peers across the globe via the member directory.
- Increase your knowledge and marketability through the precedent-setting education center, research, and online learning programs.
- Be part of a supportive community of like-minded experienced personal protection professionals.
- Obtain Certification to members who meet the requirements. The corporate community accepts the ISDA Certification process for more than 40 years. ISDA certification provides proof of knowledge and skill.