The December issue of Executive Protection and Secure Transportation Magazine (EPST)
The Kidnapping of Pericles Panagopoulos
By ISDA Member George Sardelis
On January 12 of 2009, as George was driving his principal to work, about 300 meters from their home, he was blocked in by two vehicles; both he and his principal were kidnapped. George was released by the kidnappers so that he could act as the messenger to the family. After paying the €30,000,000 euros ransom, his principal was released. George took part in the negotiations, the delivery of the ransom money, and his principal’s retrieving.
WHAT’S INSIDE THIS ISSUE
This issue of EPST has seven articles covering all aspects of the Secure Transportation, Executive Protection profession, and the Business of Executive Protection.
- Member Spotlight – George Sardelis, by Tony Scotti
- The Kidnapping of Pericles Panagopoulos, by ISDA member George Sardelis
- Vehicle Dynamics and Training, by Tony Scotti
- Science of Driver Training – A Holistic View on What Matters and When it Matters Most, by ISDA member Joe Autera
- The Cost of EP and Security Driver Training, by Tony Scotti
- Surviving Mob Attacks On Your Vehicle, by Tony Scotti
- Marketing Funnel – Obtain Leads through Giveaways, by Larry Snow
As 2020 comes to a welcome end, we reflect on the effects COVID-19 had and look into its impact on the profession. There is no doubt that Covid-19 has changed Secure Transportation and Executive Protection for both in services and training.