Looking at Protective Services Training Providers
One of the most asked questions in Social Media and from the ISDA Network is – “What training program should I attend?”
The following is a “suggestion,” and it is not intended to be the only deciding factor. When selecting a training provider, part of the decision-making process should be looking at the training provider’s website and Social Media presence.
Does the site have a Blog or Article Section devoted to sharing knowledge?
Is their Social Media presence knowledge-based?
Does the provider share their knowledge BEFORE you pay for their services?
These are not the only decision-making points – but in our 40 plus years of experience, they are indicators of the training provider’s mindset. If you believe that acquiring knowledge is a never-ending process – consider this – if the training providers are providing you with valuable knowledge BEFORE you pay them – the chances are that they will be providing you with knowledge after you pay them. Your learning experience with them won’t end upon completion of the training – it will be the beginning of your learning experience.
As an example of Knowledge Sharing training providers
VDI’s Joe Autera, LaSorsa Associates’ Joe LaSorsa, Kopis Center’s Duke Speed, and CP Journal’s Patrick Van Horne are training providers who get paid for their knowledge, yet they also share their knowledge, FREE.
IMHO, it is not a coincidence that they are all International Security Driver Association (ISDA) members, they have a passion for their profession, and help others simply for the sake of helping.
More knowledge sharing can be read on their respective websites:
- Joe Autera and VDI Knowledge Center
- Joe LaSorsa and LaSorsa Associates Knowledge Center
- Duke Speed’s Knowledge Center
- Patrick Van Horne’s Knowledge Center
Other International Security Driver Association related websites:
- International Security Driver Association Knowledge Center
- Larry Snow’s Security Marketing Solutions
- EP Job Search
The International Security Driver Association (ISDA)
ISDA serves the protective services community. The ISDA membership is open to all who have an interest in personal protection.
Whether you are exploring a career in executive protection, honing your expertise, or, you are an established security professional, ISDA is your essential resource for continuing education, benchmark research, and online learning programs, all designed to improve your skill set and advance your business.
ISDA membership enables you to:
- Access benchmark educational, networking, and marketing programs.
- Connect with your colleagues and peers across the globe via the member directory.
- Increase your knowledge and marketability through the precedent-setting education center, research, and online learning programs.
- Be part of a supportive community of like-minded experienced personal protection professionals.
- Obtain Certification to members who meet the requirements. The corporate community accepts the ISDA Certification process for more than 40 years. ISDA certification provides proof of knowledge and skill.